TightVnc Java Viewer / Jsch - Key based authentication
ddewaele
2013-02-20 20:05:28 UTC

I'm currently using TightVnc 2.6 Java Viewer as an applet to connect to
machines using SSH tunneling.

It seems that I can only configure the applet to use password authentication
but that there is no way to use / configure a private key to perform the
authentication.

A while back there was a post on this mailing-list regarding "Support for
SSH Host key and user auth (password or key auth)" where somebody created a
patch to support key based authentication.

However, I don't seem to find it in the com.glasoft.* packages (previously I
guess it was in a com.tightvnc.vncviewer).

Are there any plans to support this in the future or is this already
available somewhere? Would you consider accepting a patch for this ?

ddewaele